Aly from Bug Bird Bee recently tagged me in the Liebster Award. This was the very first Blogger-type award I was ever tagged in during my early days and it seems it is doing the rounds again. So although I’ve completed it before I thought I’d do this, answering Aly’s questions this time.
1. What was your favourite childhood book and why?
I cannot remember ever having one favourite. I enjoyed reading the Roald Dahl books and also the Nancy Drew stories. While spending two months in Saudi Arabia when I was 10, I’d devour one a day!
2. Could you live in a log cabin for a month with no wifi? How would you spend your time?
If I had to I would. I think I’d get used to no WiFi after a few days. I’d spend my time taking walks in the woods (let’s face it, a log cabin is usually set in woods) and I’d read.
3. When was the last time you had a takeaway? What did you order?
We had a take away a few weeks ago and ordered an Indian which we collected. The food was quite nice although we did our usual and ordered too much!
4. Who was your best friend growing up? Are you still in touch?
Best friends were hard to come by for me until I hit secondary school as we had returned to Ireland when I was 10 and didn’t really have a best friend until secondary school I had one there but we lost touch when I went to college and she started working.
5. What song would give you earworm for the rest of the day?
Probably a damn children’s song like Bare Necessities or Bippity-boppety boo. I play a Disney playlist in the car for BattleKid and if played on the way to nursery in the morning the songs invariably get stuck in my head! Tell me they aren’t in your head now!
6. If you were a type of dance what would you be?
At the moment a rave-type dance. Life is completed hectic and crazy at the moment as we get ready for a big move for our family and my head is constantly spinning at 90mph with everything that has to be done and sorted. I cannot wait to slow down once we’re done and dusted.
7. Snog, marry or avoid- Benedict Cumberbatch, Idris Elba and Tom Hardy.
Omg you couldn’t have given me three worse choices. I don’t like any of these! But in the spirit of the award I’ll answer the best I can.
Snog – Benedict.
Marry – Idris (only because I’ve no other choice)
Avoid – Tom. I just don’t get him. I don’t see the appeal. Every film he’s been in I cannot hear a word he says and it ticks me off.
8. Where is the furthest place you have travelled to?
I think I’d have to say South Africa. I lived there between the ages of 3 and 9.
9. What would be on your epitaph?
Had you asked this to me just before finishing my PhD it would have been “Are you still here?” as I spent 9 years in the same university and that phrase was always being thrown my way. I’m not sure what it would say now, maybe beloved wife, mother and blogger, haha!
10. If you were a political leader, what would be your manifesto?
I can categorically say this would never happen. I hate politics and would never enter into it. But if I had to it would be “let’s all just take a chill pill and calm the f down”.
11. What’s on your bedside table?
For once in my life it’s quite clean so just BattleKid’s monitor (yes we still have it) and my kindle. That is all.
11 random facts about me:
- I have worn glasses since the age of 7.
- I have three younger sisters.
- I only learned to drive after I’d turned 30.
- I have a PhD in Organic Chemistry.
- I am an avid Madonna fan.
- The first concert I ever went to was Take That in Dublin when I was 14 or 15.
- I have only ever had two serious boyfriends (one of whom is my husband).
- I completed my CBT (compulsory basic training) for motorbikes but never used it.
- I hate the sea and ocean, despite being a good swimmer.
- I used to do Ballroom and Latin American dancing, competitively, during my teen years.
- I love flying on airplanes.
The bloggers I’d like to nominate are:
Laura from Loopy Lou Laura
Jessica from That Mummy Blog
Christine from Awfully Chipper
Muuka from Another Drop of Ink
My questions to other bloggers:
- Which three people would you invite to a dinner party and why?
- Which is your favourite flower?
- What song would you want played at your funeral?
- Where in the world would you love to visit if money was no object?
- Which author is your favourite and why?
- Fruits or vegetables?
- What would be your ideal holiday?
- Are you a cat or a dog person?
- Which was your favourite subject in school and why?
- What did you want to be when you grew up (say around 10 years of age) and did you do it?
- Are you a pen and paper type person (like me) or do you use technology for notes-taking?
These are the Liebster Award rules:
Thank the person who nominated you – and display your Liebster award with pride.
Answer the eleven questions put to you by the person who nominated you.
List 11 random facts about yourself.
Nominate and link to other bloggers that you think are deserving of this award.
Give them 11 questions to answer and let them know they’ve been nominated!
I hope my nominees will take part and I look forward to reading your answers and facts!