As you know I have worked with Snapfish before and was really pleased with the photo gifts I received, so when they got in touch to see if we’d like to create some Christmas-themed items I wasn’t going to say no. There are endless ideas for Christmas gifts from Snapfish and it was going to be a hard choice.
Creating Christmas gifts from Snapfish is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Upload your photos to your account.
- Get creative in your ‘project’ arranging them until you are happy.
- Order your final project creation and wait for them to come through the door.
First on the agenda of my Christmas gifts from Snapfish was some personalised Christmas cards. I have never thought of personalised Christmas cards until this year and the timing of this opportunity couldn’t have come at a better time as we were off to see Father Christmas at Bluestone and I knew it would be a great opportunity to get some Christmassy photos to use for this project.
Once we got back from our trip to Bluestone, I got to work creating two different types of personalised Christmas cards. I also created a Christmas tree decoration and a phone cover.
Firstly, I upload some of our pictures from Bluestone and took my time deciding from the huge range of designs. Many come with a range of background colours and layouts to choose from and you can personalise many of them too.
The first design I chose was the Rustic Pine Snapshots design. This uses 3 photos and has 3 backgrounds and can be personalised. I really like this design but only ordered 3 of these as I was about to order a set of 20. These cards are individually priced at £1.99 each. The outside is glossy and the inside matt and they come with a white envelope.
Our card features 3 of our Bluestone photos and I chose the white background as it is quite classic and showcases our pictures really well. I’m really pleased with these and will be sending these home to family. These alone will make me think about personalised Christmas cards for everyone next year!
The second design I chose was the Christmas Foliage design. This card has 3 layouts to choose from as well as 3 background colours and can be personalised. You also have a choice of glossy or matt finishes on your cards. These cards come as a set of 20 and cost as little as 40p each, which is great value for money. Our card features the same 3 photos as used in the Rustic Pine snapshots design and this time I chose a red background.
Although they do say “Flat” on the Snapfish website I was still surprised to find they are indeed flat. They don’t fold and are more like a postcard than a traditional card. However, that said the design on the back was lovely and these would be ideal for friends and relations but maybe not quite close family. The only thing I didn’t like about these was the matt finish I chose as the photos seemed a bit faded. In hindsight I should have gone for a glossy finish but I know for next year. All in all they are a lovely Christmas cards, particularly for friends and not-so-close family. These cards also come with a white envelope and both types of cards I ordered come as 7 x 5” in size.
The next of my Christmas gifts from Snapfish I wanted to order was the Round Acrylic Ornament as a Christmas decoration. I wanted this to include in BattleKid’s Christmas Eve Box as I always get him a new Christmas decoration for his box. This was so easy to make and you can chose from a whole range of embellishments for it too. I went for a Seasonal Winter one saying “Let it Snow” although I was dubious about how obvious it would be on the real thing as it appeared quite faint on the project picture online.
You can have different backgrounds, different designs and can use a photo or not. I used one of BattleKid from after our visit to the Kingdom of the Elves as it was the perfect photo to use for a Christmas decoration. Your ornament comes ‘glossy’ on the right side and matt on the reverse and measures 2.95” x 2.95” and includes a cord for hanging. These would make a perfect gift for grandparents.
Overall I am very pleased with the ornament and the picture turned out well on it, although as I suspected the “Let it Snow” looks quite faint in the picture. This may simply be due to the background colours in the picture I chose but I would have liked the option to change the writing colour or to at least bold it. So bear this in mind if you are adding writing to your acrylic ornament. The round acrylic ornament costs just £8.99, great value for money as a small gift or stocking filler.
Last but not least I made a phone cover for my Galaxy S6. I’d been thinking about making a personalised one for a while and decided to bite the bullet. The options for personalised phone covers are endless on Snapfish. You can create your own from a huge range of background colours and embellishments or you can simply use your own photos as I did. I uploaded a recent picture of BattleKid and left it at that. Simple but effective.
The cover itself is made from hard plastic and feels quite sturdy. Not flimsy at all. The quality of the picture on the back is excellent and I am over the moon with my new phone cover. The cover goes on without any hassle, fits my phone perfectly and is lightweight too. I am very happy to know I’ve got a lovely picture of BattleKid to perk me up at any time of the day by simply turning over my phone. And with the cover only costing £12.99 you can afford to update your phone case with a new photo every few months if you want to!
My Christmas cards were first to arrive and did so 3 days after placing the order which was really fast. Next to arrive was the phone case and acrylic ornament which arrived a day before the estimated arrival date. At each stage of ordering and dispatch Snapfish send you email updates which are great. No wondering when your order will arrive. And should there be any hassle with your order, their online help team are quick to answer. Great communication lines.
What I love about Christmas gifts from Snapfish:
- Easy to create.
- Great value-for-money.
- Endless ideas for all the family.
- Cards and gifts of high quality.
- Many options for personalising your cards and gifts.
- Christmas cards arrived within 3 days.
- Great communication from Snapfish regarding dispatch of orders.
What I don’t like about Christmas gifts from Snapfish:
So if you are stuck for ideas why not consider creating some Christmas gifts from Snapfish. From personalised Christmas cards to acrylic ornaments to 2017 photo calendars, they have something for everyone.
If you are worried about getting a good picture for those all-important Christmas gifts from Snapfish, they have a great list of hints and tips for shooting the perfect Christmas Family Photo which are included below.
Thanks for reading,
*We received a voucher towards our gifts from Snapfish for the purpose of this review. However, as always, these are my own honest thoughts and opinions of the products.
8 Creative Tips to Shoot the Perfect Christmas Family Photo
1) Get an extra pair of hands. Rounding up the troops for a family shoot is tricky enough without the added stress of positioning the camera, setting the timer and then sprinting back into position. Grab a friend or neighbour to play director, you can always return the favour to spread some Christmas cheer!
2) Lighting, crucial to any photoshoot, it’s the trickiest of elements to get right. Natural light is your best friend, so if you’re indoor, set up near a window to take full advantage of the winter sunshine.
3) Look the part! Matching accessories will add a touch of festive fun and help take your shots to the next level; think Santa hats, woolly reindeer jumpers, or even matching Christmas mugs! Product: Colourful Mugs, only £8.99, Snapfish.co.uk
4) Prop it up. Christmas is all about fun, so why not jazz things up with a few Christmassy props? Your family photoshoot doesn’t need to rely on the house being transformed into Santa’s Grotto or a Winter Wonderland – a few tinsel touches or the odd sprig of mistletoe will do the trick.
5) Pets complete your family! So whilst your puppy may be hell bent on getting his teeth around the fairy lights, including them in will be well worth the hassle when you see the finished result. (See Tip 6 for how to do this!)
6) Rewards (also known as bribery!) are the easiest way to keep pets and children interested! Guarantee their full attention throughout the photo shoot by keeping a suitable stash of treats to hand. (But keep them in separate bags… Health and Safety!) Product: Photo Cushions, from £19.99, Snapfish.co.uk
7) Tell a Story. Snapping people when they least expect it often results in the best photographs. So tell a funny joke or encourage them to, and be ready to capture candid, relaxed moments instead of saying ‘cheese’ and hoping for a few stiff grins.
8) Keep it fun! Your family shoot doesn’t have to be a solemn occasion. Get everyone involved in the planning process and encourage them to contribute their ideas to make for a happy, relaxed atmosphere and a truly memorable shot.